Handcrafted Custom Distressed Swinging Saloon Doors

Handcrafted Custom Distressed Swinging Saloon Doors
This is one of my most exciting client collaboration projects yet! Wanting a pair of swinging doors for her kitchen renovation in Buffalo Gap, SD, Kathy contacted me for the job. I worked up some designs and one was chosen. She wanted the name of her ranch emblazoned across each side, so I designed a custom logo for her.

She also inquired about me creating the same finish for the room’s 9’ dining table. We chose a massive farmhouse table leg and apron in knotty pine and they were delivered to my studio the following week. I chose matching lumber for the door. Kat gave me full creative license to create all the elements with a “high funk” level of distressing.

Client writes: "Beyond amazing!! You are an artistic genius!! You took my idea and ran with it and brought the project home in a way I could have never imagined. Your workmanship is beyond excellent, and your communication was first rate all the way.  I am seriously speechless!!  I will never be able to thank you enough!!"

I had an amazing time working on these with Kat and have found a great friend. We’re now talking about our next collaboration which may involve a road trip to SD!

Am also selling the vintage iron corner brackets, acquired from an old cabinetmaker in Santa Fe, NM who had them made in Mexico back in the '40s. Please see my Barn Door Hardware listing.

Saloon Door Gallery


Handcrafted Custom Distressed Swinging Saloon Doors

Distressed Dining Table Legs & Apron

Distressed Dining Table Legs

Comments

Popular Posts